Sunday, February 20, 2011

Coachman talks working for WWE, Leaving for ESPN & More.

Josh Stewart talked to former WWE personality Johnathan Coachman on moving from World Wrestling Entertainment to ESPN.

Coachman commented on his previous work before joining the 24/7 sports news giant: “before I came to ESPN very few people realize that I was on MSG Network in New York for a year. And prior to that I was on CSTV, which is now CBS College Sports, for about a year, year-and-a-half.

“Very little, but not because I don’t want to. I work on Monday nights, and then when I’m home, my daughter dominates the television set, she’s 2 1/2. So, it’s not that I don’t want to, but I just don’t have the time right now,” said Coachman when asked if he watches WWE these days.

On his WWE experience as an announcer: “So, did I enjoy it all the time? No. Did it make me mentally, incredibly strong? Absolutely.”

On leaving WWE: “left on the best of terms, and I still go and see everybody when they’re around, in Hartford or Springfield or Bridgeport. And we get along great.”

No comments:

Post a Comment